- VMware vCenter 5.1
- ESXi 5.1 GA build (799733)
- SRM 5.0
- At the time of Test Failover VM unable to Power ON due to VMX file went missing or has lost its configuration.
- Post Analysis we found it could be because of intermittent network connection as we were using NFS data stores
- VMX file can be rebuild the using shell script
- For the first time we need to create a script file by copy pasting the script
- Once the script is executed it recreates the vmx file however we need to re-add it to inventory and it may also be possible that we have to map port group again