VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.0.2 offers the following improvements:
- Added support for protection and IP customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- RHEL Server 6.2 and 6.3 (32-bit
- and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 12.04
NOTE: To protect virtual machines that run the above operating systems, you must upgrade ESXi Server to version 5.0 update 2 on both the protected and recovery sites.
- The vSphere Replication management server accepts MD5 certificates. See Caveats and Limitations.
- Upgraded OpenSSL 0.9.8m to 0.9.8t for improved security. This addresses the security advisory that was issued forOpenSSL in January 2012.
- Auto-generated certificates use RSA keys of 2048 bits.
- Bug fixes described in Resolved Issues.